Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
Ilford Discussion board - Any improvements in Redbridge?
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   Any improvements in Redbridge?
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: Any improvements in Redbridge?  (Read 113 times)
YPX
YaBB Newbie

View Profile |

Any improvements in Redbridge?
« on: May 22nd, 2021, 10:26pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Hi everyone,

I have been offered the opportunity to move into a supported tenancy building for the disabled by a Jewish charity. The building is in Fairlop on Tomswood Hill. I'm aware that the Jewish community in Redbridge has drastically declined since the late 80's, though there are still people and institutions about.  

What is Barkingside like for shopping? Crime? Is the leisure centre at Fairlop any good?

I was wondering if Redbridge has seen any improvements over the last decade? Any new people moving in and making their properties look better/better shops or has the decline continued? The variety of properties, location and the central line give it the potential to become "gentrified". Reading the posts here I don't see any evidence of that yet.
IP Logged
Jamlamont
YaBB God

View Profile |

Re: Any improvements in Redbridge?
« Reply #1 on: May 27th, 2021, 11:38am »

Hello, YPX.

I'm not in Redbridge anymore so cannot offer much help I'm afraid. However, I think Redbridge is a long way from becoming "gentrified" as yet - but you never know!

Although, you're right, the Jewish community has declined drastically, I wonder if you could contact some local organisations that you do know and ask their advice on the area? Maybe someone might volunteer to get in touch with you and let you know? Google should be able to point the way in many directions!

Also, if you go on the Met police site you should be able to look up crime stats for the area too.  

Also, use Google Streetview to peruse the shopping areas and locality. (I sound like an advert for Google!). Seriously though, there is lots of info out there.  

I wish you well with the proposed move and hope it works out well for you.

Best wishes.

Smiley
IP Logged
YPX
YaBB Newbie

View Profile |

Re: Any improvements in Redbridge?
« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2021, 7:24pm »

Thanks for the reply!

Tesco Goodmayes is about to become a big housing development which locals fear will be 'gentrification'. If it's anything like the other new developments, it will look rundown within a few years with laundry hanging out everywhere.  

Follow the recent upsurge in antisemitism, especially in Redbridge, it would make me very apprehensive to live there over North West London.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« No topic | Next topic »