Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
Ilford Discussion board - ktype
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   ktype
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: ktype  (Read 1224 times)
Scribbles2
YaBB Newbie

View Profile |

ktype
« on: Jan 25th, 2020, 7:02pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Firstly, I should say that I am the person occasionally referred to in the past as Mrs ktype.

Ktype and I moved to the East Midlands a couple of years ago and withdrew from the forum although I know he has posted relatively recently.  

I'm not sure how many of those we used to debate with here still read these threads but, in case they do, the purpose of this post is to let you know that ktype died on Monday 20 January from injuries received when he was hit by a car while crossing the road close to our home.

Naturally, our daughter and I are devastated and will miss him more than words can express. He could be cussed, argumentative and infuriating but the real life ktype was a loving, helpful and loyal man and I am proud to have been his wife.  
Rest in peace, my lovely man.
IP Logged
Nigel R - Admin
YaBB Administrator

View Profile | WWW | Email

Re: ktype
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2020, 7:42pm »

My deepest condolences, Scribbles2. ktype was a very knowledgable guy who taught me a lot personally reading through his informative and detailed posts, and contributed immensely to the forum. My thoughts are with you, your daughter and family.

Regards,
Nigel
IP Logged
Feenix
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2020, 12:53am »

Deepest sympathies to you and your family Mrs K,for years Ktype and I shared many post (and laughs) and though  we did'nt always agree I considered him a 'virtual friend'.I will remember him for his honesty and dry humour.RIP my old friend x
IP Logged

Bring back flower power(it's cheaper) !
Jamlamont
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2020, 12:21pm »

MrsKtype2, I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. My condolences to you and your daughter.

Ktype was a very knowledgeable man and probably knew more about a whole load of things than anyone I know! He, also, was stalwart of this forum. He will be missed.

IP Logged
Wessex
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2020, 11:11pm »

Dear Scribbles2 and your daughter,
I have not been on this board for many years and just looked in. I am so sorry to hear the tragic news about KType. We corresponded a bit and I met up with him and your daughter back in 2007. I think it was in the Beehive pub near Gants Hill. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. He was funny and intelligent, great company. Best Wishes, Wessex
IP Logged
Yanny2
YaBB Newbie

View Profile |

« Reply #5 on: Apr 1st, 2020, 7:30am »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this! | 1 person likes this

First of all, im "yanny", the original yanny, not an imitation, ive had real trouble logging in using my "yanny" account, ive emailed nige about this so hopefully i should go back to using my old account soon.....

Secondly, im very saddened to hear about ktype aka terry.... i met up with him a few times as well as his daughter at the great spoon pub in ilford.

He was a very knowledgeable man with a lot to say, ill miss our chats and will always
Fondly remember him for years to come.He'll be up there with "aussie pete" having a pint........

RIP  

Thanks for your informative posts and the wealth of knowledge you shared with us all  
----- your mate, iain Sad  

IP Logged
ScribblesAgain
YaBB Newbie

View Profile |

« Reply #6 on: Apr 1st, 2020, 10:21am »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this! | 1 person likes this

I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back here but I have been unable to sign in to the site. In desperation, I have re-registered with an altered name so that I can acknowledge your responses.

Thank you, everyone who has replied, for your kind words. It has touched me deeply to discover how well regarded my husband was, in many places both cyber- and real.

We had a celebration of his life on 20 March, attended by all his friends who weren't self-isolating. It was a day of sunshine and love, words and music before we buried his ashes under an alder tree in a green burial ground where he will rest peacefully beneath our beautiful, wide open Lincolnshire skies. Naturally, lunch and libations followed in our 'local' and I have no doubt, wherever he is, he grinned a wry grin to think we'd beaten the government's pub closure edict by a matter of hours.

Thank you all for your support. We were happy in Ilford for many years and I have many good memories of the place and the friends I made there. I wish you all well as we live in this alien, isolated new world. Take care and stay healthy.
IP Logged
Hambo
YaBB Full Member

View Profile |

« Reply #7 on: Apr 2nd, 2020, 9:48am »

I'm sorry for your loss, God bless you all at this time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »