Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
Ilford Discussion board - Could this be Ilford?
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   Could this be Ilford?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: Could this be Ilford?  (Read 248 times)
ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

Could this be Ilford?
« on: Jan 19th, 2017, 7:36pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

I was browsing some posts in the uk d-i-y usenet group about keyed alike padlocks - in other words, a number of locks of padlocks which all open with the same key.

I noticed this post and wondered if it could refer to Ilford?

"That reminded me of when I started teaching in the 1960s in an outer London borough that had previously been part of Essex. I found that the key that was issued to me for my laboratory (school built 1924) was actually an Essex master key which could be used to open a whole range of pre war council buildings.  

Normally a teacher would be given the simplest key that just fitted the simplest lock fitted to classrooms. I found that
mine would open all the different locks in the school including the "strong room", outside doors, head masters study etc.  

On one occasion I was meeting the Chief Education Officer at the town hall only to find him locked out and was able to let him in!"
IP Logged

When all else fails, read the instructions ...
Feenix
YaBB God

View Profile |

Re: Could this be Ilford?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2017, 12:00am »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Back in the day a mate of mine had an old car key that would open and start most cars.Unfortunately the cars he used the key on weren't his.The key didn't work on his cell door !!
IP Logged

Bring back flower power(it's cheaper) !
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »