Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
« Ilford Discussion board - In , Out or Shake it all abart »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   In , Out or Shake it all abart
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: In , Out or Shake it all abart  (Read 3183 times)
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

In , Out or Shake it all abart
« on: Jun 10th, 2016, 7:14pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Well, what are you goiing to do, me, I change my mind every day, as a bit more info comes down from on high. The only thing that sways me is that it is easier to fight from the inside than the outside.
IP Logged
Scribbles
YaBB God

View Profile |

Re: In , Out or Shake it all abart
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10th, 2016, 9:02pm »

How well I know that feeling. Worst of all is the guilt 'they' are are trying to heap upon us that, if we make the wrong decision, we'll be blighting the lives of our children and our children's children unto the umpteenth generation.
It's too late for me; I had a postal vote so the deed is already done but that won't stop me angsting about whether I made the wise choice or not.
I used to know my own mind on the issue but all the so-called facts that have been spewed over us recently have made me think I'm losing it. Argue
IP Logged

Born free.... now I'm expensive.
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11th, 2016, 7:48am »

on Jun 10th, 2016, 9:02pm, Scribbles wrote:
How well I know that feeling. Worst of all is the guilt 'they' are are trying to heap upon us that, if we make the wrong decision, we'll be blighting the lives of our children and our children's children unto the umpteenth generation.
It's too late for me; I had a postal vote so the deed is already done but that won't stop me angsting about whether I made the wise choice or not.
I used to know my own mind on the issue but all the so-called facts that have been spewed over us recently have made me think I'm losing it. Argue

It's the nature of the beast Scribs when dealing with politicians, one day they swear something is true a week later they deny they ever said it. These people are forging our future yet  neither side seems to know what is the best path to take. At times like this, both sides need to get together and work out a policy, but it would seem they are both playing that stupid game of "one upmansship. The only thing that is sure is that the voting public will be held to blame.
IP Logged
Scribbles
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11th, 2016, 12:08pm »

on Jun 11th, 2016, 7:48am, Pompadour wrote:
....... The only thing that is sure is that the voting public will be held to blame.

The only really clever move by a politician has been to have a referendum at all. Whatever the outcome, when things go pear-shaped and they impose tax hikes, cutbacks and austerity upon us (while collecting pay increases for themselves) they can unite to shout with one voice that IT'S ALL OUR FAULT!!
IP Logged

Jamlamont
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11th, 2016, 11:05pm »

Definitely in Pomp's - not least cos it would take years to extrapolate ourselves from what currently stands.

Also, whatever money the pro's like to say we'll save, we, the public, would never see the benefit of it anyway.

Actually, in or out, won't affect us one way or the other.

It's all a political exercise engineered to make it look like we have say in the running of this country.

C'est le Gare..........

IP Logged
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #5 on: Jul 1st, 2016, 3:51pm »

Blimey, I didn,t think it would happen, it should not have got this far.  Macaroon was elected to make those decisions for us, after all, the govermentis far better informed than us, but, alas,the going got tough,so ,pass the buck time. Well, the question is, "what do you lot think". Shrug
IP Logged
ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #6 on: Jul 3rd, 2016, 6:04pm »

Interesting to see Bonzo back down after another of the lies was exploded.

'A free trade deal like Switzerland' we were promised. Now we've been told in no uncertain terms that we can't have a free trade deal without agreeing to freedom of movement of labour - exactly the same as Switzerland!

In fact, Switzerland has a much higher level of immigration from the EU than Britain ...

I, for one, am not looking forward to the debacle that is to come - indeed, I wouldn't rule out civil war when the public find out just how badly it has been deceived ...
IP Logged

When all else fails, read the instructions ...
Scribbles
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #7 on: Jul 3rd, 2016, 7:48pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2016, 6:04pm, ktype wrote:

I, for one, am not looking forward to the debacle that is to come - indeed, I wouldn't rule out civil war when the public find out just how badly it has been deceived ...

But whichever faction had won, Joe Public has been deceived. Which was the greater lie - far reaching and fundamental changes to the terms of membership, or £millions more to spend on hospitals?  
Either way, the voters were lied to and should remember this when the next election comes around and the miserable, self-interesed scuzz bags want our support.
I hope Ktype is wrong but I, too, wouldn't rule out civil strife if any one of several potential fuses are lit. Let us hope we are not in for a long, humid summer.
IP Logged

Feenix
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #8 on: Jul 4th, 2016, 2:00am »

Orstralia is looking for good people.
IP Logged

Bring back flower power(it's cheaper) !
Scribbles
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #9 on: Jul 4th, 2016, 10:20am »

But good people are no fun, Feenix ;)
IP Logged

Jamlamont
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #10 on: Jul 6th, 2016, 6:14pm »

Now that it is "aht", it's definitely all abart.....all about a recession, a crash in house prices and, altogether, a more insular society.  Undecided
IP Logged
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #11 on: Jul 6th, 2016, 8:18pm »

on Jul 4th, 2016, 2:00am, Feenix wrote:
Orstralia is looking for good people.

Why is that Feen, are the people there bad. Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Feenix
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #12 on: Jul 9th, 2016, 5:11am »

Some of 'em Pomp,but luckily we've got enough space here to avoid meeting too many.
IP Logged

Bring back flower power(it's cheaper) !
yanny
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #13 on: Aug 6th, 2016, 11:19pm »

id rather shake it all abaht...... lol   Wink
IP Logged

ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #14 on: Aug 8th, 2016, 11:21am »

on Jul 3rd, 2016, 7:48pm, Scribbles wrote:
Which was the greater lie ... or £millions more to spend on hospitals?

Ah, yes, of all the lies, this must have been Bonzo's favourite!

He eventually had to concede that around a half comes back to us as subsidies and grants but that doesn't count, he reasoned, because we don't get it back until the following year! So, throughout, his battle bus continued to display this mythical £350m a week saving and as for the hospitals, even taking account of this 50% accounting error, what is the use of building empty hospitals because, if you stop immigration, there will be no medical staff to run them!

Anybody have any idea how much a week the devaluation in sterling is adding to our import bills? It would be interesting to see how it compares with that £350m a wek, which we are still paying, of course!
IP Logged

When all else fails, read the instructions ...
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »