Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
« Ilford Discussion board - General election  2015 »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   General election  2015
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: General election  2015  (Read 8523 times)
yanny
YaBB God

View Profile |

General election  2015
« on: May 1st, 2015, 5:14pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

........so who are u gonna vote for, u may not tell us, but some opinions on this would be...... Yawn interesting.

With regards to Ilford,... the clowns....SORRY parties standing are:

Ilford North
•Richard Clare (Liberal Democrats)
•Doris Osen (Independent)
•Lee Scott (Conservative)
•Philip Hyde (UKIP)
•Wes Streeting (Labour)
•David Reynolds (Green)

Ilford South
•Chris Chapman (Conservative)
•Mike Gapes (Labour)
•Ashburn Holder (Liberal Democrats)
•Amjad Khan (UKIP)
•RoseMary Warrington (Green)
IP Logged

Scribbles

Email

Re: General election  2015
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2015, 4:16pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Remove | Like this!

For the first time in my life, I have seriously considered spoiling the ballot paper because there is nothing on offer that I want to vote for.  All of the parties have one or two quite good ideas but all them also have many more ideas  that have me screaming No! No! No!.  
Last time out, I was able to vote for an independent candidate, a retired local doctor who'd  stuck his head above the parapet and stood specifically on the issue of planned A&E closure at King George hospital.  He never had a hope of winning and the poor guy lost his deposit but at least he was brave and public spirited enough to try and offered us the opportunity of a protest vote.  
This time, Ilford South has no independents - and why would anyone stand, knowing that with the current idiotic system, all that'll happen is a lost deposit?  So we have the usual rag, tag and bobtail mouthing the usual guff that they think you want to hear.  Everyone knows the final result won't reflect the true opinion of the voting population, even if 100% of those eligible actually voted so inertia will once more win the day and Mike Gapes will be returned on a minority ticket.
Who will I vote for?  The candidate I judge would be the least worst, if you see what I mean.
IP Logged
Toby
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2015, 5:56pm »

I'm not in Ilford and Vince Cable is my MP and no way will the wishy washy LD's get my vote.
The only benefits I get are the State Pension,WFA and Freedom Pass so there is no way I'm going to vote for a Red government that is going to spend, spend, spend, on those that are feckless and take my WFA away.
I like Nigel but a vote for him will detract from the real issue.
Blue is the colour....
IP Logged
ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2015, 6:27pm »

IP Logged

When all else fails, read the instructions ...
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2015, 2:23pm »

He's the Green party candidate I suppose. Laugning
IP Logged
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #5 on: May 5th, 2015, 5:22pm »

With all this talk of no single party gaining control, it would seem that politics could be going the way of supermarkets,
 V O G O F, vote one get one free.
 Blank stare
IP Logged
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #6 on: May 6th, 2015, 9:13am »

If Conservatives get in, and Boris gets to be PM, does this mean there could be a national roll out of Boris Buses and Bikes. Worried
IP Logged
Scribbles

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 6th, 2015, 6:02pm »

on May 6th, 2015, 9:13am, Pompadour wrote:
If Conservatives get in, and Boris gets to be PM ... Worried

If that happens, I'm leaving the country - and not on a bliddy bike, either.
That man really worries me. I can't make up my mind if he's merely a half-witted buffoon or somebody very, very clever who's selling an image of himself as this amiable buffoon which will last until he becomes PM - which he will, eventually - whereupon he'll reveal his true fascist leanings.  Either way, I don't want to live in a country with him in charge
 Thumbs down.
IP Logged
Toby
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #8 on: May 7th, 2015, 8:43am »

Yes scribbles he does act very strangely when the cameras are rolling.
I've read a few articles by him and they are very articulate,however I wish he wasn't so obsessed with turning London into a huge cycle lane.
IP Logged
Scribbles

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 12th, 2015, 10:16am »

The colossal waste of taxpayers' money on bike lanes and 'super cycle highways' is bad enough.  Me, I'd settle for ordinary roads with fewer pot-holes and sensibly phased traffic lights, nothing super at all. But I got really scared when the floppy-haired p*llock claimed that Greater London should become an independent city-state, separate from the rest of England and with its own laws and regulations - like Gdansk between WW1 and WW2, I suppose and that was a pretty unhappy place.  As London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom, life would get quite complicated for everyone.  I think Boris was gambling that the Conservatives would lose the election and he'd be able to replace Cameron as party leader.  Now Plastic Features has gone and won, Boris would probably enjoy being Obergrupenfeuhrer of the Independent State of Carpsville instead.  
Pass me the airline timetables, somebody.  I've a sudden urge to live in ... well, just about anywhere else, really.
IP Logged
Latka_Gravas

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 12th, 2015, 11:55am »

Bye!
IP Logged
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #11 on: May 13th, 2015, 8:53am »

on May 12th, 2015, 10:16am, Scribbles wrote:
The colossal waste of taxpayers' money on bike lanes and 'super cycle highways' is bad enough.  Me, I'd settle for ordinary roads with fewer pot-holes and sensibly phased traffic lights, nothing super at all. But I got really scared when the floppy-haired p*llock claimed that Greater London should become an independent city-state, separate from the rest of England and with its own laws and regulations - like Gdansk between WW1 and WW2, I suppose and that was a pretty unhappy place.  As London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom, life would get quite complicated for everyone.  I think Boris was gambling that the Conservatives would lose the election and he'd be able to replace Cameron as party leader.  Now Plastic Features has gone and won, Boris would probably enjoy being Obergrupenfeuhrer of the Independent State of Carpsville instead.  
Pass me the airline timetables, somebody.  I've a sudden urge to live in ... well, just about anywhere else, really.  

Know what you mean Scribbs, now that cleggs not around, wasn't he in Last of the Summer Wine, to hold him back,  god knows where we will end up.
IP Logged
yanny
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #12 on: May 26th, 2015, 11:33pm »

on May 12th, 2015, 11:55am, Latka_Gravas wrote:
Bye!

hello! ROFL
IP Logged

Scribbles

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 27th, 2015, 4:22pm »

Wave
Hello to you, too!
IP Logged
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #14 on: May 27th, 2015, 5:15pm »

Coooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Jump
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »