Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
Ilford Discussion board - UKIP
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   UKIP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: UKIP  (Read 2267 times)
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

UKIP
« on: Feb 18th, 2015, 9:47am »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Did anyone see the CH4 prog on Monday, a "what if UKIP won the election". Of all the places in this country, why did they choose Romford Market for peoples opinions. Has Romford become a hotbed of discontent.
IP Logged
Scribbles

Email

Re: UKIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2015, 4:41pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Remove | Like this!

I heard a radio discussion about this prog the day before it was transmitted and thought it sounded like one of telly's better offerings and that I might watch it.  In the event, I forgot all about it, real life generally being more interesting than TV.  But, if they wanted a vox pops scene, why NOT Romford market?  It's probably as good a place as any for finding a cross section of humanity with all its diverse opinions.  Way back when I worked for a radio station, any reporter wanting a quick dose of public opinion went to the local market hall or the high street - unless it was for a piece about licensing laws, in which case they tended to loiter outside Wetherspoons with a microphone!
IP Logged
Toby
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2015, 8:45pm »

i lived in Romford (Gidea Park) for 4 years 2007-2011.It has a big population of ex Eastenders moving away from the influx of immigrants and latterly the rising prices of housing.
It also has a massive population of non ethnic English ,ie,immigrants,E Europeans ,Africans, who have been rehomed from the inner London boroughs because the councils find the rents cheaper than ,say,E1.
Hence I suppose it is a good cross section of the way things are going.
Really glad to be away from it and in a better London Borough,a borough with 2 Royal Parks and consequently the biggest  enclosed space in London.
IP Logged
yanny
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20th, 2015, 10:42pm »

UKIP............

when I hear anyone from that party go on and on.......  UKIP...I KIP.... EVERYONEKIPS......

Sleeping    ROFL
IP Logged

yanny
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #4 on: May 1st, 2015, 5:28pm »

don't know how they did it....but someone did this on a poster hoarding near me....

IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »