Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
« Ilford Discussion board - Hurricane Katrina »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   Hurricane Katrina
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 51137 times)
Pompadour
YaBB God

View Profile |

Hurricane Katrina
« on: Sep 13th, 2011, 12:35pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Blimey! where've yer all gone. Just because Katrina is hanging about and summer has gone it does not mean we have to hibernate. Jumping
IP Logged
alphamale
YaBB God

View Profile |

Re: Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2011, 7:30pm »

We were all taking bets on who would crack first. It seems that you may have been left out of the allocation. I won't say who had your nom de plume.

Devil
IP Logged

It's bleedin' dead, that's what's wrong with it.
ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18th, 2011, 11:51am »

I think you're a bit off beam with that hurricane theory, Pomp!

Perhaps they've all gone off in search of the Holy Grail - apparently the God bit (it seems that God's real name is Higgs, by the way) has got lost down one of the holes in that Hadron Colander thingummyjig and some folk are getting a little conCERNed about it ...

While they're there, they might be able to rescue a bit of the Forum that seems to have gone AWOL ...

Either Nigel's calendar has gone wrong ...

... or someone posted something naughty on here recently and the post (and the poster too, possibly?) has been consigned to oblivion ...
IP Logged

When all else fails, read the instructions ...
Gabbi
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18th, 2011, 1:49pm »

whoops! Roll Eyes
IP Logged

When you are in a ruddy great hole ....Stop digging!
alphamale
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18th, 2011, 2:37pm »

The website went wrong after an American jewellery advert was deleted. This seems to be a common thing after deletions.
 I put Gabbi's comment through my Enigma machine and I am afraid that I can't repeat it. Shame on you Gabbi.

Compute
IP Logged

It's bleedin' dead, that's what's wrong with it.
palaisboy
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18th, 2011, 8:44pm »

Must admit although very new here was surprised how posts from everyone including those I thought of as regular contributors from my viewing of the site seem to have suddenly stopped,is there a reason? I hoped I get some responses to my posts,positive or negative,but the silence has been deafening.I realise that this may have something to do with my posts and therefore my own fault,but as I have just said ANY response is better than none,as this will at least get a dialogue going. All comments welcome.
IP Logged
Scribbles

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 18th, 2011, 11:58pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Remove | Like this!

on Sep 18th, 2011, 8:44pm, palaisboy wrote:
I realise that this may have something to do with my posts and therefore my own fault,but as I have just said ANY response is better than none,as this will at least get a dialogue going. All comments welcome.

Nothing personal so far as I'm concerned, PB.  I've been busy with other stuff all week and not had much time for the forum.  

I was hoping to think of something really smart and sassy to say but, after following ktype's link above, quite frankly, my brain hurts.  So far as I can make out, whatever's going on in Switzerland is something like the 21stC equivalent of all those medieval philosophers debating how many angels could dance on the end of a pin.  But I'm just a fluffy pússycat who doesn't understand Big Issues! Shrug
IP Logged
palaisboy
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19th, 2011, 9:02pm »

Thanks for taking the trouble and time to respond Scribbles, you are a very articulategirl thingy cat and I understand your comment about being away from here for a while,it's just that everyone seems to have given up on posting at the same time. Maybe we can kickstart them back into action,I hope so as have lots of tales to tell but need to know there is at least one or two people who might be interested and also have tales of past times in Ilford to tell and i'm sure there are many of you out there.Once again thanks for your reply cheers Geoff. Smiley
IP Logged
ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 11:19am »

on Sep 19th, 2011, 9:02pm, palaisboy wrote:
... you are a very articulategirl thingy cat ...

Oh dear! Nigel's (US oriented) gizmo strikes again!

(To avoid this happening again, the simplest way is to press the Alt Gr (Alternate Graphics) key while typing the 'u'.

This changes the letter to an accented one, so producing pússy, which Nigel's gizmo doesn't understand ...

If you're prepared to search for it, some posts a while ago experimented with various work-around ideas ...

From memory, I think Yanny excelled himself on that occasion ...
IP Logged

ktype
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 11:54am »

on Sep 20th, 2011, 11:19am, ktype wrote:
... If you're prepared to search for it, some posts a while ago experimented with various work-around ideas ...

From memory, I think Yanny excelled himself on that occasion ...

You might find it interesting to do a forum search for gizmo. It will give you some idea of how it can mangle the most innocent post!

Note that the default for the maximum length of search is a week, so you should change the number of days - I always use a silly number such as 10000 to make sure of searching everything ...

It doesn't find the posts I referred to, though - they obviously didn't include the magic word!  

IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »