Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
« Ilford Discussion board - How much do you miss ilford? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   How much do you miss ilford?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  10 Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: How much do you miss ilford?  (Read 13496 times)
Topsy

Email

Re: How much do you miss ilford?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 10:51pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Remove | Like this!

There are some very nice areas in Redbridge, it's just the centre of Ilford that is such a filthy dump.
IP Logged
Joe
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #16 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 1:45am »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

Muggings, murders, filth everywhere, tramps in doorways, do I miss it...Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Paddington
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #17 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 9:53am »

I think i would take issue with you Iain. The reason they do what they want is because they are bums and do not pay council tax, the government pays it for them if they are unemployed etc. Since it is effectively FREE they do not value it. The same argument can be used for the national health service I suppose, in that it is free so it can be abused. People need to be made aware nothing is free. Even if you are unemployed you still pay tax - if you smoke, drink or drive a car or pay VAT etc. It is all your money you are wasting.
Some parts of Ilford are nice, leafy suburbs, clean and all that but the town centre, the bit most people see is a terrible disappointment. Stratford has become a nicer shopping area by dint of a lot of investment and planning. I suspect Ilford was busy resting on its laurels and got left behind and they are desperately attempting to catch up in the civic development stakes. The Olympics, Crossrail and the tramway are great things to bring investment to the area but all we seem to be getting at the moment are blocks of flats. OK we have got the new cinema and the bowling alley but they have to keep going at it to give people things to do and schools and doctors etc all in short supply. The centre is still fairly deserted at night.
IP Logged

Life in Ilford is like a box of chocolates - full of nuts!
Iain

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 5:12pm »

Not everywhere in ilford is a s***hole!!!,redbridge is probably one of the few boroughs in london which has some really nice peaceful places!!!
IP Logged
Joe
YaBB God

View Profile |

R e: How much do you miss ilford?
« Reply #19 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 7:24pm »

Where are they then?
IP Logged
Dee
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #20 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:34am »

I returned to Ilford for Mother's Day this March and stayed a the Travelodge near Clements Road. We were greeted by armed policemen in reception and were told that a criminal was in our room and had to wait for him to be taken out handcuffed and the room cleaned. My husband and son went off to a West Ham match and I met my oldest friend in the restaurant/bar next door for lunch and we were turfed out because the fire  alarm went off and the whole area was evacuated and the most gloious firemen turned up to take care of us all. We then had a meal next door in a buffet chinese restaurant, and as we were the    only white people dining were totally ignored for the whole evening and left feeling non-existent.
IP Logged

Men drove me to drink, Bless them !!!!
Aussie_Pete
YaBB God

View Profile | Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:38am »

Now your talking Dee. Great to see West Ham back up in the Premiership where they belong bet your lads over the moon...Pete
IP Logged

Gees it's hard to be humble.
Dee
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #22 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:43am »

Our son is      dedicated not like my bl--dy pc at the moment, keyboard keeps sticking (new pc, 2  weeks old ) yes, he is over the moon, more important than school work. We have just heard we are to be grandparents again in March from our middle boy who lives in Hove, this time I can be a real  grandma - a babysitter at the ready!. How are you lot?
IP Logged

Men drove me to drink, Bless them !!!!
Paddington
YaBB God

View Profile |

« Reply #23 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 10:15am »

Seems you had a good trip to Ilford. I wonder if its women of a certain age (no offence) who have all this drama, my mother came to visit us and was confronted by a flasher in Valentines Park. She ended up chasing him as she said she wanted another look! She's 80 odd.

She then reversed her car into another outside the house in the road and locked bumpers. She did not notice and when she tried to pull away and wondered why the car was not moving, put her foot down, shot forward and hit the car in front (mine) and pulled the bumper right off the car behind.
We all stood like lemons waving her goodbye.

She's down again this weekend for the BBQ.
IP Logged

Life in Ilford is like a box of chocolates - full of nuts!
Aussie_Pete
YaBB God

View Profile | Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 10:51pm »

Did you old Mum have a stroke when she saw the flasher Pad'. Sorry mate 'nother one Feenix's old jokes...Pete.
IP Logged

Gees it's hard to be humble.
Iain

Email

« Reply #25 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 6:51am »

By the looks of it,I know ilford is around 90 miles from where i live,but looking out the window now,it doesnt seem that Mr sunshine is going to appear today......GOOD!!,lets have a bit of cool weather for a change,and a bit of rain wont do us any harm either!
IP Logged
celticlady2bsure

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 8:55am »

Yes a friend of mine was in Valentines park some years back and some bloke flashed in front of her, she burst out laughing and told him "If I was a bloke with a p-n-s that small I wouldn't go around showing it off"
She said the bloke went bright red and run off!
IP Logged
Cissy
YaBB God

cissystar650
View Profile | WWW |

« Reply #27 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 9:06am »

on Jul 20th, 2005, 10:17pm, Topsy wrote:
You will need to be feeling pretty strong, Cissy, if you haven't been to Ilford for 20 years, strong enough to face the shock you will have when you see the deterioration of the place.  Embarassed

I was walking up the High Road a couple of days ago and couldn't believe the state of the paving stones, absolutely covered in black blobs of chewing gum, stains and other muck!  Considering the council are forever replacing the paving and spend a fortune having it cleaned, it is in a disgraceful state.

So I hear Topsy.... probably why i keep putting it off!
IP Logged

much thanks to my OLDER sister..to her i owe so much...like being the YOUNGER sister
Smiley
celticlady2bsure

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 10:19am »

So you are saying that all the other London Borough's do not have any problems?
We went to Bristol some time back, and let me tell you Ilford was safe compared to the part we went to, also when we were in Limerick last year we went to get something to eat, took one look at the place and drove out really quickly we was informed afterwards that we had been in the no go area nicknamed gun city.
IP Logged
Iain

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 4:08am »

Mossside up in manchester is supposed to be a no go area,now that is one place which should be called "GUN CITY"
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  10 Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »