Ilford Essex in Redbridge Greater London

Photos of Ilford Town Hall, Clock on Ilford High Road and The Exchange
You have found 'Welcome to Ilford' - the modern way to find out what's happening in Ilford, Essex and Redbridge Enjoy the message board.

Current Events
Find-a-Friend
Reviews
Ilford Facts
Need more info?
Feedback

This board is reactively moderated. If there is questionable content please use the Report to Moderator button next to the offending post. Keep this a friendly and positive place. Members may be banned who do not keep to the spirit of the forum. Posters must agree to the Rules.

Ilford Discussion board
Ilford Discussion board - Ever felt that no-one wants to be a juror for you?
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Home | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register

Ilford Discussion board
   Main Messageboard
   Main
(Moderator: Nigel R - Admin)
   Ever felt that no-one wants to be a juror for you?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: Ever felt that no-one wants to be a juror for you?  (Read 613 times)
Suli
YaBB God

View Profile | Email

Ever felt that no-one wants to be a juror for you?
« on: Feb 1st, 2005, 2:34pm »
Report to moderator | Quote | Modify | Like this!

I was thinking of asking Michael Jackson this question.  Found this on Yahoo website, I think some people are avoiding doing their civic duty:

"Nearly half of the 300 prospective jurors summoned on the opening day of Michael Jackson's trial have been excused after offering reasons why they could not sit through the six-month hearing.Judge Rodney Melville allowed 125 of the potential panellists to step down.

Among the more bizarre stories from the first two 150-string batches of potential jurors was one from a US Air Force scientist who said he had two rockets to launch.

Most were excused after arguing the trial would cause them undue financial hardship by depriving them of their incomes for at least six months.

An unemployed young man saying he needed to look for a job told judge Jackson: "I think I should worry about myself rather than the defendant."

A white former convict among the potential jurors said he may be prejudiced against the black singer having had a fight with an African-American inmate while in prison.

He said: "It's like a grudge. I'm not saying I'm a racist but I don't want to be bitter about it."

The remaining 175 prospective panellists who said they could serve on the jury have filled out a seven-page questionnaire on their views on crucial issues."

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »